Welcome to the Sahasra Koti Parayanam website. Sahasra Koti Parayanam means 1 Crore Lalitha Sahasranama chanting multiplied by the 1000 holy names of Sri Lalitha Devi to equal 1000 Crore naamaas – Sahasra Koti parayanam.
ABOUT SRI SOMASUNDARA SIVACHARIAR SWAMIGAL:
Sri Akhilandeswari Devi instructed Sri La Sri Somasundara Sivachariar Swamigal in 2015 to ask devotees to chant Lalitha Sahasranamam 1 crore times (1000 crore naamaas). For various reasons, it got delayed and more recently, on December 4, 2020, Sri Raja Rajeshwari Devi again gave him the instructions to start this Sahasra koti parayanam and also gave him instructions on how to go about it.
Swamigal is a great tapasvi, who has been doing intense tapasya for the last 30+ years, including tapasya for 48 days without any food, 96 continuous days of mouna vratham, sitting inside a hole in the ground for several months to propitiate Paathaala Bhairavi Devi, doing various upasanas of various forms of Devi and Lord Shiva like the Dasa Mahavidyas, Sarabeswarar etc. with 10 lakh (million) japas for each of the deities and going deep into the highest levels of Sri Vidya upasana, including some of the most secretive mantras and prayogas. He has attained enormous siddhis as a result of these tapasyas and he has been using those siddhis to help thousands of people around the world to solve their problems and make them understand, appreciate and adopt a more spiritual life.
KANCHI KAMAKSHI AMMAN TEMPLE:
This Sahasra Koti parayanam will be conducted under the auspices of the most powerful Shakthi Peetam (of the 51 Shakthi Peetams), Kanchi Kamakshi Amman temple. Kanchi Kamakshi Amman temple is the “naabhisthaanam” of Devi and all the devathas derive their power from this naabhisthaanam. This temple also has the sacred Sri Chakram created by Krodhabhattaraka Sri Durvasa Maharishi in Treta Yuga and installed in Kaliyuga by Adhi Shankaracharya. This is the only temple where Devi is present in three forms – Sthoola (moola moorthi), sukshma (the sacred Sri Chakram) and Bilaakaasha form (swayambhu agni that is hidden from public view). Kamakshi Amman is known to fulfill all desires and the peetam is known as “Kamakoti peetam” where crores of your desires are fulfilled.
Our desire for this Sahasra Koti naama parayanam is loka kshemam. Loka kshemam means a peaceful world, a healthy world, a happy world. During this time of unprecedented turmoil in the world, Ambal / Ammavaru / Bhagawathi has ordained this Sahasra Koti parayanam to be conducted by Somasundara Sivachariar Swamigal. You should be blessed indeed to participate in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
SUPPORT OF KANCHI AND SRINGERI SHANKARACHARYAS AND MATAMS
His Holiness, Kanchi Sri Shankaracharya Swamigal and the Kanchi Matam as well as His Holiness, Sringeri Sri Shankaracharya Swamigal and the Sringeri Matam are very happy to support this holy initiative of Sahasra Koti parayanam and have devotees chant Ambal’s naamaas worldwide and create tremendous positive energy in these troublesome times. You can view their letters of support below.
LETTER OF SUPPORT FROM KANCHI MATAM – Please put here
LETTER OF SUPPORT FROM SRINGERI MATAM – Please put here
SANKALPAM OF SAHASRA KOTI PARAYANAM
The sankalpam of this Sahasra Koti parayanam, as ordained by the Great Devi, is loka kshemam or welfare of the world. That means welfare of all living creatures in this Earth. As this is ordained by Ambal, YOUR Guru for this parayanam is Devi HERSELF.
The Maha Sankalpam puja for this Sahasra Koti parayanam as well as the launch of this Sahasra Koti Parayanam will be on the auspicious day of December 29, 2020 – Pournami and Thiruvaadhirai day (most auspicious for Lord Shiva and the Ambal / Ammavaru / Bhagawathi). We have not established the end date for this Sahasra Koti parayanam, as it is the Will of Ambal and SHE alone knows when this will end. You can listen to the Maha Sankalpam audio here –
PLEASE PUT MAHA SANKALPAM AUDIO HERE
Devotees can listen to the Maha Sankalpam audio once and then start the parayanam, unless devotees know how to do individual sankalpam (mamopatha samastha duridhakshayadwara…). Individual sankalpam MUST BE for loka kshemam ONLY. If you need help doing the individual sankalpam, please follow the below audio and repeat after Somasundara Sivachariar Swamigal to do your individual sankalpam –
PLEASE PUT SOMASUNDARA SWAMIGAL’S SANKALPAM AUDIO HERE
Devotees CANNOT COMBINE some other temple’s sankalpam or some other sankalpam with this Sahasra Koti parayanam sankalpam. If you are already chanting Lalitha Sahasranama parayanam daily as a Nithya puja or for some other purpose or sankalpam, you should do this Sahasra Koti parayanam related chanting SEPARATELY over and above what you are already doing. You CANNOT COMBINE any other sankalpam with this parayanam.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
All sincere devotees can participate in this Sahasra Koti parayanam, as instructed by the Divine Mother, regardless of whether the devotee has Sri Vidya Panchadasi upadesham or no.
Doing the parayanam with Sri Vidya initiation at the Panchadasi level is considered more powerful. Doing with the utmost bhakthi and with an attitude of complete surrender to Devi is also very important.
It is more powerful to do the parayanam while observing a strict vegetarian diet WITHOUT onion and garlic.
If you cannot avoid garlic at all, please EITHER wait for 2 to 5 hours, brush your teeth and take bath before doing the parayanam OR finish your parayanam early in the morning before you eat anything and then continue on for the rest of the day.
When can you chant
Mornings and Daytime: 3:30 AM to 1:30 pm. Ideal time is 3:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Evenings: 4 PM to midnight. Ideal time is 5 PM to 10 PM
- How often you have to do the parayanam – You should do the parayanam daily sitting at the same place like your puja room and at around the same time. You can split the parayanam timings between morning and evening. So, if you do 12 times parayanam daily, you can chant 6 times in the morning and 6 times in the evening or any count in the morning / evening to make it 12 times for the day.
- Where can you chant – You should try to chant in your puja room or puja area on a daily basis. You CANNOT chant while wearing footwear or while travelling in public transportation systems like train, bus, plane etc. while you are in the midst of strangers.
- When you are NOT supposed to chant – If you are sick or if anyone in your family is sick and need your help, then you can skip chanting on those days. Also, if there is any death or birth in the family, please stop chanting for 10 to 16 days, depending on your tradition and on the advice of the priests conducting the ceremonies.
It is generally said and followed in most traditions wherein ladies do not chant during their monthly breaks and continue after the monthly break. The monthly breaks ARE NOT considered as any break in your parayanam itself. So, there is no concern with breaking the continuity of your parayanam due to this.
- Step-by-step procedure for parayanam – You can choose to do the parayanam in the “Upasana margam” or “regular parayanam”. Here are the steps to follow for participating in this Sahasra Koti parayanam –
- UPASANA MAARGAM – Considered much more powerful than any regular parayanam, upsasana margam consists of the following 3 steps:
- FIRST STEP: Do 108 times parayanam: Chant Lalitha Sahasranamam 108 times to complete laksha naama parayanam (108 times LS chanting x 1000 naamas = 1,08,000 naamas). Chant 9 or 12 times daily, IF POSSIBLE. Else, do your best. If you chant 9 times daily, you will finish in 12 days. If you chant 12 times daily, you will finish in 9 days.
- SECOND STEP: Do 1,008 times parayanam: Chant Lalitha Sahasranamam 1,008 times to complete dasa laksha naama or 10 lakhs parayanam (1008 times LS chanting x 1000 naamas = 10,08,000 naamas). If you are able to chant 12 times daily, you will finish in 90 days. Else, do your best.
- THIRD STEP: Do 10,008 times parayanam: Chant Lalitha Sahasranamam 10,008 times to complete koti naama or koti / crore parayanam (10,008 times LS chanting x 1000 naamas = 1,00,08,000 naamas). If you are able to chant 12 times daily, you will finish in 900 days or in about 3 years. Else, do your best.
- REGULAR PARAYANAM – You can chant as many times Lalitha Sahasranamam as you want on a daily basis.
- How can you join this Sahasra Koti parayanam
- Complete the Commitment Form (Sankalpam Form or Registration Form) – BALAJI, WHEN THEY COMPLETE THE COMMITMENT FORM AND HIT SUBMIT, PLEASE HAVE TYHEM GO TO ANOTHER PAGE WHICH CONFIRMS THEIR REGISTRATION AND ALSO PROVIDES THEM WITH THE TELEGRAM LONK TO JOIN THE GROUP. I DON’T WANT TO EXPLICITLY STATE THAT THEY WILL GET TELEGRAM LINK AFTER COMPLETING SAHASRA PARAYANAM TO AVOID ISSUES LIKE LAST TIME WITH MISCREANTS.
- Join our Telegram group without fail. ALL important announcements will be made only in the Telegram group.
- Provide your email address, so that we can add you to our mailing list to keep you informed of important events, in case you miss out on our Telegram group messages
- How can you update your parayanam count, so that it is included in the Sahasra Koti parayanam
Please update your parayanam count using the below tracker link to access the Google Form and update the Google Form with your parayanam count. One parayanam count means chanting the FULL Lalitha Sahasranamam one time. If you chant Lalitha Sahasranamam 12 times, then update the Google Form (also known as the tracker) with “12” as your count.
PLEASE PROVIDE LINK TO THE TRACKER / GOOGLE FORM HERE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WORLDWIDE PARAYANAM TALLY – Updated on a regular basis for the benefit of devotees
PLEASE PUT THE PARAYANAM TALLY COUNTER HERE
Please email us with your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
May Goddess Jagadamba Sri Kamakshi Parabhattarika bless you to complete your parayanam as part of this Sahasra Koti Parayanam.